Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Death of Potato Salad

There were warning signs.

Two pounds of potatoes.

A whole pound of bacon.

Two cups of mayo.

Six eggs and an onion.



I should have stopped when I burned the bacon.



Or when I couldn't peel the hard boiled egg,



but I kept going

and I created a monster.





What could we do with it?

It had to be disposed of.

(Should I bring a flashlight? No. The neighbors might see.)



We didn't have a shovel

so we flung it amongst the trees.



In the ditch behind my house

lies four pounds of culinary carnage.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, so I know you are going to look at me funny when we finally do meet, but I really like your blog!!!! Confession: Once I made a potato smoothie. I didn't have a potato masher or beaters, so I thought to myself, "I can put it in the blender!" Stupid. When you blend potatoes (apparently) they morph into stickiness. Gross. I will never live it down. Every time I make mashed potatoes, my husband askes "Do you want a potato smoothie too?" Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete