Sunday, January 23, 2011

Go Dog, Go!

Picklebug turned one last Sunday.


And while I'd love to blog about the stark contrast of this January vs. last January I'm not quite sure I've finished processing all of that emotion enough to coherently convey it to you at this point.

So instead, I'll tell you about Picklebug's Go Dog, Go! party.

Picklebug's FAVORITE book is Go Dog, Go!  This book is a big hit with Picklebug because of all the sound effects MG makes when he reads it.  Picklebug's favorite part is when the dogs "go around in cars" and MG makes lots of "vroom!  vroom!" noises.

The idea for this party came to me when my parents bought Picklebug a Cozy Coupe for Christmas:





I would love to show him enjoying this awesome gift...

but when we brought out the camera he retreated to the box.


Once he became bored with the box, we sat him down in his new car and pushed him around the house shouting: Go dog go! Vroom! Vroom! - which eventually led us to choose the  theme Go Dog, Go! for his birthday party.


In case you aren't familiar with the book, Go Dog, Go! (by P.D. Eastman) is a fun little book about dogs.  Big dogs, little dogs, red dogs, blue dogs, dogs wearing hats, dogs in boats, dogs in cars [you get the idea].

The important thing to know for this post is that at the end of the book, all the dogs go to a big "dog party" in the top of a tree.




I did my best to replicate this scene in the with the cake:




All the guests received their own "dog ears"...


... which we forced them to wear for a quick photo!


Picklebug (just like his mom!) was all about the food...


... and employed his "cuteness" to persuade Nana to share.


He had lots of fun playing with Grampa! 





And loved all of his presents.

(P.S. What gift do you bring to a Go Dog, Go! party?  A puppy of course!)





And the best part of all?  THE CAKE!!




Uh... I mean... SHARING the cake!


After cake, MG read the book of honor to the guests.


And the big finale was a motorized tractor from Grampa Tom...


Why do I get the feeling that next year we'll be having a Farm party?


...

No comments:

Post a Comment