Friday, July 30, 2010

The Ultimate Sacrifice

I sleep with a stuffed animal.


Meet Hippo:
















I bought Hippo at a little souvenir shop in Gatlinburg TN during my first vacation with MG in 2004.  He's been my sleeping next to me longer than my husband.

He fits perfectly in the crook of my arm just under my chin.

I took him with me on my honeymoon and actually cried when MG suggested I give him up.

So yeah, he's pretty special to me.





Now, I know that motherhood is about sacrifice.

I knew I would have to give up a lot of sleep, a lot of free time, peaceful dinners, clean house and nights at the movies.

I was prepared to watch my waistline expand to new and frightening dimensions.

I was even okay with less than perky boobs.





But I wasn't prepared for this:
















Picklebug squeals with delight when MG brings him upstairs in the morning and he spots Hippo hiding in the covers.  He immediately reaches for him and begins to gnaw on Hippo's sweet little ears.
















How can I break up such a cute pair?


















2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Jen, I don't think I've ever seen anything cuter. He is getting so big and even more adorable everyday. At least you can take comfort in your good taste in stuffed animals, because babies always love the best toys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have by far the cutest baby boy ever! I miss you two!!

    ReplyDelete